For years we’ve supported open-source development and creative commons, building some of the first instances of ecommerce on Linux machines and JRun. Now that we do less hosting and more design/development so we primarily use Linux machines as desktops. One favorite flavor of *ix we like is Ubuntu, both on Windows boxes and many more as virtual machines on MacIntel. Here is a collection of tools we use for web dev and design:
Wonderful 2D drawing program called Xara Extreme.
Inkscape is similar to Illustrator or Xara.
An easy to use 3D modeling app called Art of Illusion.
Full featured 3D modeling app: Blender.
A very powerful 3D Rendering Engine, PovRay and its Modeling app twin: PovModeler.
Of course there is the The Gimp which comes with Ubuntu and can be installed on many flavors of *ix.
Last 5 posts by Ted
- Your Customers Need Your Website to be Responsive. Is it? - July 19th, 2012
- Our Take on Two Emerging Marketing Trends - March 5th, 2012
- Show how it works - December 6th, 2010
- Rah! Rah! Team! - November 9th, 2010
- Show how it works - November 4th, 2010